Latchkey Child Services Inc. was founded and began providing before and after school care for children in their school in 1992. Since our inception, Latchkey has served thousands of children and their families across the Oklahoma City metropolitan area.
OKDHS Stars Program
The state of Oklahoma offers an accreditation program “Reaching for the Stars”. Latchkey participates in this program and strives to achieve the highest Star Rating possible for each individual program. For more information about the STARS program visit www.OKDHS.org.
Before & After School Programs
- Before and after school programs keep our children safe and gives them opportunities to participate in fun, educational, and stimulating activities with adult supervision.
- Latchkey’s before and after school programs are setup with a variety of interest centers designed to be both educational and fun.
- Latchkey teachers develop weekly lesson plans that are designed to be flexible to meet the developmental levels of the children. All lesson plans are centered on a weekly theme. Our staff encourages ideas and suggestions from the children when developing their lesson plans.
- Daily schedules are followed. Keeping a consistent routine is key to successful child development.
Pre-Kindergarten Mid-day Programs
(these mid-day programs are being phased out as the schools are changing to full day preK and full day Kindergarten classes.)
- During the half of the day that children are with Latchkey, our teachers offer activity centers that enhance what the school teachers are covering in their classrooms.
- The children learn through activity centers and creative play designed to help develop their social skills while meeting their educational needs.
- The children are free to make choices.
- Language, reading, art, math, science, and dramatic play centers are used to enrich their educational experience.
Latchkey’s first priority is to provide an educational environment which is conducive to the children’s safety, health and welfare.
Latchkey welcomes and encourages parent input. We strive to meet the needs of as many parents as possible.
Open Door Policy
We welcome you to drop by any time to visit with your child or to observe our programs.
Expectations of Our Staff
Latchkey is very selective when choosing teachers to work with your children. It is our responsibility to train and develop each individual teacher to his/her potential. Latchkey employees are expected to adhere to the NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) code of ethics www.naeyc.org.