Latchkey is not just a child care service. Our programs are structured to enhance a child’s physical, cognitive, social and emotional development as well as their school experience. Activities and equipment are selected to be fun, challenging and educational. Latchkey employees use well designed curriculums, create lesson plans and daily routines are followed to ensure consistency. Lesson plans are centered on a weekly theme to keep things fun and interesting. Typical program schedules include:
- Reading Adventure Day (R.A.D.)
- Arts & Crafts
- Math Activities
- Music & Movement
- Science & Nature Exploration
- Outdoor Physical Activities
- Learning for Life (character building)
- Story Time & Reading
- Time for Homework
- Time for Friends and Relaxation
- Activities such as puzzles, games, dramatic play, building, puppets and more!
- Monthly celebrations and award ceremonies
- Before School (AM) begins between 6:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. and runs until students are dismissed to class.
- After School (PM) begins when class is dismissed about 3:00 p.m. and operates until 6:00 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.
- ½ Day (mid-day) typically operates between 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. ; until students are dismissed to class. Not all locations offer ½ day programs. 1/2 day programs are being phased out