- What does Latchkey do?
Latchkey provides supervised care with adult directed activities for children before and after regular school hours.
- Where is Latchkey located?
Latchkey programs operate inside of the child’s school. The before and after school programs usually operate in the cafeteria. Mid-day programs usually operate in a classroom. For a complete list of the schools, go to the Locations Tab or contact us at 405-236-2069.
- What are the hours?
Typically, programs began between 6:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. and end between 6:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. For a complete list of hours of operation at each individual school, go to the Locations Tab or contact us at 405-236-2069.
- Is there a fee for the service Latchkey provides?
Yes, weekly tuition depends on the program you choose. At time of enrollment, the annual enrollment fee plus the first and last week’s tuition are collected.
- Who can participate in the Latchkey programs?
Only those students enrolled in a school that hosts a Latchkey program are eligible to participate.
- Does Latchkey provide care on days that school is not in session (i.e. Parent Teacher Conference days, holidays, spring and winter breaks, etc.)?
Yes, Latchkey provides care on most out-of-school days including spring and winter breaks. Programs are consolidated on these days.
- What do the boys and girls do while in Latchkey?
Children are engaged in learning activities stimulate them and help develop new skills, find hidden talents and set goals. They also have time to relax and build friendships.
- What are the qualifications for the Latchkey staff?
Latchkey has a variety of positions that range from entry level to master teacher/site director positions. The qualifications for these positions vary from those that require little experience in the field (these staff work under the supervision of another staff person with higher qualifications) to ones that require a degree in early childhood development or education.
- How many teachers are there for each program?
The number of teachers depends on the number of students enrolled. Latchkey never exceeds the state requirement of a 1:18 to 1:20 staff-to-child ratio. Generally the ratio is 1:10 to 1:15.
- Does Latchkey accept state daycare assistance?
Yes, all Latchkey programs contract with OKDHS and accept state daycare assistance.
- Is there any type of program to reduce the tuition?
Latchkey continually seeks funding for our scholarship program. Scholarships are dependant on the availability of funds and are awarded based on financial need. Scholarship awards typically cover up to 50% of tuition. For more information contact our main office at 405-236-2069.
- How many children are required before Latchkey will start a program in a school?
Twelve students are preferred; however, if a need exists Latchkey will work to accommodate the need.
- How long has Latchkey been providing its service?
Latchkey was founded in 1992 and has been providing before and after school care in the schools ever since.
- Are the Latchkey programs licensed by the state?
Yes, all Latchkey programs are licensed by OKDHS and adhere to all health and safety city and state regulations. The state of Oklahoma offers an accreditation program “Reaching for the Stars”. Latchkey participates in this program and works to achieve the highest Star Rating possible for each individual location.
- Do the children go outside?
Yes, Latchkey feels that children need fresh air and exercise each day when weather permits.